[aprssig] APRS System Overiding Fundamentals - aprsdos

Danny Messano danny at messano.net
Thu Mar 10 10:10:30 EST 2005

I've had APRSDOS on the internet using one of the many Serial Port Splitters
and TCPTOSER.  Set the the TNC init commands to send commands to your
APRS-IS server and BAM, Filtered ports! All this on Windows 2000.

I'm not sure about APRSDOS not playing nice with Windows.  I think that's
more of that myth that comes from the same guys that proclaim 16-bit apps
will BSOD Windows XP just out of principle.  I've run DOS Apps (including
APRSDOS) on 3.0, 3.1, 95,98, 2000, and XP with no problems.

Danny Messano