[aprssig] APRS System Overiding Fundamentals

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 10 09:25:59 EST 2005

At any hamfest you can pick up good fast color laptops
now for under $25.  Even with a bad hard-drive, (these
are usually $5 or less) you can make APRSdos run from
only a single bootable floppy (with only your local maps).

Just let it sit in the corner giving you a nice view of your
local APRS RF network and let IT be vulnerable to lightening
strikes, not your big PC...