[aprssig] Install on Win 2000 Pro?

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 18:44:44 EST 2005

kc7imr at orednet.org wrote:

>How does one go about installing WinAprs on Win2000???  I don't see it
>mentionned in any of my docs. Is it 98 or NT???
>
>thanks
>Doug/KC7IMR

Windows 2000 is actually Windows NT 5.0
     (Microsoft renamed it at the last minute before release in late
1999 to cash
      in on the millenium madness of that era.)

Windows XP     is actually Windows NT 5.1

You would normally use NT-oriented options, rather than 9x,   when
configuring software on Win 2K if the installler doesn't explicitly
acknowledge Win 2K.

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs
Symbols Set for UI-View,
UIpoint and APRSplus: