[aprssig] Refreshing OBjects in UIview?

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Wed Mar 9 14:12:56 EST 2005

Robert Bruninga schreef:

>>>give us the "click strokes" to be able to most simply force
>>>an update on an existing object?
>>>

>>Access mouse
>>Maneuver cursor
>>On the toolbar ACTION > SEND OBJECTS
>>

>No, that will force a resend of ALL existing objects including
>the old ones.  I'm looking for how you select an existing object
>and then  make it think that it is "new", so that it will be sent
>by itself once more without sending all the other objects at
>the same time.   thanks  Bob

there are 2 ways that I see offhand,
1) press F5 select the object from the identifier dropdown box, change
something and press ok
2) rightclick the object, select edit object, change something and press ok
the seccond methode can also be used to adopt an object put on the map
by someone else, very usefull if a fieldstation needs to report an event
and netcontrol takes over control of the object to keep it alive after
the fieldstation moves on.

73 de Andre PE1RDW