[aprssig] Firenet on ahubwest?

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Tue Mar 8 14:13:38 EST 2005

What you are seeing is a result of the absolute mess that was caused by
the fourth.aprs.net domain being transferred to first, then back to
fourth, then fourth becoming a firenet server.  arizona.aprs2.net was
connected to "fourth" for a time yesterday after it had changed to a
firenet server.  This is how the data appeared on the "main" APRS-IS.
fourth has been removed from the Tier 2 outbounds and thus hopefully
this situation will be resolved.  There has been no firenet data present
on the "main" APRS-IS for about 24 hours now.

I would suggest better communication among the core sysops before
changes are made and domain names are swapped.

73
Phil Pacier - AD6NH
Tier 2 Coordinator