[aprssig] Helmet Antenna - dont bother.

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Mon Mar 7 18:26:09 EST 2005

Marsh James (James Marsh?) wrote on 07/03/2005 3:03:46 PM PST

> What gauge foil should be used for this body wrap?

According to the site http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html, it should be regular Reynolds aluminum foil for an AFDB... aluminum foil deflector beanie to prevent mind control. For a ground plane, I would think whatever you wrapped last Christmas's turkey in should be fine, but it might attract dogs. Thicker gauges might be more durable, but if you go the full body-wrap approach, you might have to compromise between thicker gauges for durability or thinner gauges if you actually want to be able to move around. <g>

So... anyone made any APRS antennas by gluing aluminum foil on the inside of a window? Any ideas on making reliable connections to it?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH