[aprssig] Helmet Antenna - dont bother.

Chris Rose kb8uih at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 6 23:13:52 EST 2005

We have used a bike flag with a twinlead j pole taped
to them for voice and APRS on a more or less straigt
40 mile route and had excellent voice results, the
APRS needed a digi in the middle that we didn't have
at the time.  The height of the flag helped I think.
Short coax run of about 5' or so.  Headset on the
rider and ht strapped to the handlebars or frame of
the bike.

73,
Chris
KB8UIH