[aprssig] RE: IGate Abuse (Firenet Data)

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Sun Mar 6 15:36:06 EST 2005

> From: "Herb Gerhardt" <hgerhardt at wavecable.com>
> Subject: RE: [aprssig] RE: IGate Abuse (Firenet Data)
>
> Here on our NW APRS Network, we do not have streaming FireNet data coming
> out on RF.
>
> People that do want to see FireNet data can connect to our local Tier2
> Server which Randy/KK6RW provides and then they will get that data.  But
> that data only comes on your screen via the internet feed and NOT via RF.
>
> Hats off to the members in our group who all work together to make our NW
> APRS Network work so well!
[snip]

> Herb, KB7UVC
> NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
> Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.org
>
> My NEW Email Address:  hgerhardt at wavecable.com

Hello Herb and the group.

Just to clarify, my Tier 2 server, northwest.aprs2.net does not provide
Firenet data in any form. I perviously operated a Firenet server, but now
only "normal" APRS-IS traffic. I'm sorry if I did not clarify my current
APRS activity.

I believe there is at least one APRS server that does offer Firenet data in
our NWAPRS area however the server name escapes me.

I'll echo your statement that the NWAPRS group members work well together to
offer a APRS network that works very well.

73,

Randy, KK6RW
APRSWA Tier 2 Server
http://northwest.aprs2.net:14501/