[aprssig] RE: TH-D7AG Battery life

Walter Holmes walterh at k5wh.net
Sun Mar 6 13:15:22 EST 2005

If you can get away with half the power of the 5 watt battery, the absolute
BEST way to have extended battery pack life, that just gets better and
better as the technology advances, is to use the Kenwood battery pack BT-11,
for less that $18.00. This uses 4 AA batteries of your choice.

I have been using the Eveready 15 minute rechargeable versions, at 2300mah,
for NiMH style. (Try and find any other battery manufacturer providing that
today in a complete pack for the Kenwood radios) And each year, they
continue to get stronger and stronger. So if you ever have a cell go bad,
you replace it. WAYYYYY less that tossing a whole battery pack away, like we
have all done for years.

I'm sure the battery prices vary from store to store, but Target offers the
charger, and 4 of the batteries for $20.00. Then only $10.00 for another
pack of 4 AA batteries.

So I have a few of the BT-11 packs, for easy change out.

Just another possible solution, that may not work for everyone, but sure
works great for me.

Walter/K5WH