[aprssig] alt input digipeater

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Mar 4 14:12:56 EST 2005

All ALT-INPUT digis should be visible because they all have
a name of 99XXXX... on the map and on the D& and D700...

>>> aprs at kd4rdb.com 3/4/05 9:25:47 AM >>>
>[But]... someone running a tiny track can't receive an object
>to display or to know he's in an area served by ALT input.

The local will know his area.  The prudent traveler can quickly
do a map.findu.com/99* and quickly get a list of all alt-inpujt
digis and maps of where they are...

>If we were to use a PL tone output on the main digi in town,
>my 2m voice rig would let me know.

That would work. I'm not opposed to that at all.  I was just
pointing out all the other ways he can tell...  Bob