[aprssig] MIC-E and APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Mar 4 12:41:08 EST 2005

> I think the original plan for Mic-E was that 2-meter (or other) voice
> repeaters would be set to receive the APRS packet burst at the end of a
> voice transmission.  For example, you would key up and talk to your

My main concern is using this sort of system for search and rescue.  Clutter
is bad.  And we can't run D7s on SAR frequencies.  SAR users need something
light, self-contained, and simple, with as few batteries to change as
possible.

For now, my solution's going to be a separate tracker box that'll be tucked
away in the user's radio harness.  Not ideal, but it's the best solution
we've come up with so far.

Scott
N1VG