[aprssig] RE: APRS Message Idea

dick at kb7zva.com dick at kb7zva.com
Fri Mar 4 07:37:56 EST 2005

> I thought IGATED outbound objects were supposed to be tagged with TCP as a
> pseudo path element, and other IGATES wouldn't gate them to the net to prevent
> loops?  If this is the case, then FIRENET objects gated to RF would not have
> been gated back into the APRS-IS.
>
> Wes
> --

Good question... I'm not sure if that applies to all objects or how the various
end-user programs handle it. Loops? Duplicates are handled fine on the current
APRS-IS servers (javAPRSSrvr). That shouldn't be a problem. I'm sure someone
will have the answer. I got a little nervous when I was told that some programs
could over-ride the tags like TCP and TCPXX to allow gating.

Dick