[aprssig] NEW! IC-V82 - VHF/APRS Transceiver

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Mar 3 22:50:19 EST 2005

Some do, some don't.  I think Nextel uses real GPS receivers.  My Motorola
phone's got 'assisted GPS', which means it relies on the base station (as I
understand it) to tell it where to listen, and to interpret what it hears.
Basically you're separating the GPS receiver's RF stuff from the processing
engine, and linking the two by cell phone.

Scott
N1VG