[aprssig] APRS Message Idea

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Thu Mar 3 09:41:31 EST 2005

Christensen, Eric wrote:
> I do agree, though.  It could clog up the network fairly quickly.  There
> would have to be some engineering involved with the design of this
> software.

I think that local mechanisms are the best.  When you can't send the
message, hold it.  The next time you see a packet from the recepient,
send the message.  Of course the user should be able to apply timing and
control constraints to easily accomplish a reasonable behavior.  Old
messages might cause the user to be prompted to send outstanding messages.

I don't know what UIView does, but this is what I implemented i JeAPRS
and I seem to recall seeing that behavior somewhere else when I
implemented it.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW