[aprssig] NEW! IC-V82 - VHF/APRS Transceiver

Gerry Creager n5jxs gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Mar 3 06:51:31 EST 2005

Based on seeing it in action... a couple of friends have been
using/testing for over a year... I respectfully disagree.  There are
some interesting quirks indicating they snagged technology from other
sources: using ATM for the RF portion is consistent with other wireless
applications I've worked with in the licensed and unlicensed world.

Audio sounds pretty good, deployment isn't difficult.  Data works.

Gerry