[aprssig] High speed datbase inserts (CGI)

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Mar 1 11:28:47 EST 2005

Guess it's one of those DBA fringe benefits.  I've got Oracle Spatial for
free, for my own personal development use.  I just can't let anyone else
query it.  =]  It's pretty slick.  I imported a bunch of APRS data and a
county shape file, and was able to query stations by county very easily.

I hear PostgreSQL has spatial extensions (PostGIS?) now, but I haven't used
them at all.

Scott
N1VG