[aprssig] Paths

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 28 12:30:33 EDT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Patrick Green wrote:

> I've noticed this style of path as a cheat.  I saw someone else using
> WIDE2-2,IL2-2 as part of their path and guess what, it circumvented
> the WIDE3-3 limit in our area.  Perhaps another trap needs to be added
> for no more that 2 n-N's in a path.

Xastir has this trap for "relay" digipeating in it.  If more than
one WIDEn-N is seen, the packet is dropped instead of digipeated.
Seemed to make sense at the time.

> I find that people  probably
> won't even use it.  1 out of 100 hams on APRS would prolly use this at
> times.  Still having trouble getting people off of RELAY and WIDE.
> Will take another 24 months before all of them are cleared up.

Sending personal notes to the people in question seems to work
wonders.

I suppose if it was me getting the note and I received two or more
from various people I'd get pretty annoyed.  One-on-one works well
though.