[aprssig] Incorrect Position, I think...

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Jun 28 06:31:59 EDT 2005

You are correct, Keith.  Some versions of software can end up gating the
log packets back to the Internet (and to RF).  It also can mess up the
IGate's "recently heard" lists.  Thank you for remembering.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net

PS: It is my recollection that the UI-View log does a concatenation  of
the third-party header to make what looks like a single RF packet (as
was shown by Earl).  This can be very confusing as it is not obvious to
the casual observer that it is a gated packet.  My guess is the gating
station has the mobile station in their "gate to RF" list.  Gee, I
thought that was what Bob wanted because "even though he has left the
area he is still local" ;-)