[aprssig] KPC-3+ Firmware

Bill Herrmann bherrman at spro.net
Mon Jun 27 01:10:24 EDT 2005

At 07:34 PM 6/26/2005 -0600, Earl Needham wrote:
>         I think I'm going to buy a new KPC-3+ in a week or three.  How
> can I ensure I get the latest firmware, the one where the digi bug is
> supposed to be fixed?  If I order from AES or HRO, am I just at the mercy
> of chance?

I'm not sure about AES but if you call an HRO store directly they'll
usually pull it right off the shelf and look at it. (When I ordered my
XYL's HT they gave me the serial number before it shipped.)

Kantronics did the right thing and switched the ROMS in their shelf stock.
They also put new box labels on that have the version number. So just have
the person you order from verify that it's a 9.1 version.

Bill