[aprssig] Re: GPS FIX MOUNT FOR MOBILE USE???????????

Robbie - WA9INF mwrobertson at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 23:33:50 EDT 2005

Len,

I have had great results with most any of the serial units. My first was
  the Delorme TripMate, then the Rand McNally, and even the closeout
Radio Shack DigiTraveler...

All that is required is that they are serial and NMEA output. I modified
the TripMate with a 5vdc regulator and feed it the same 12vdc that the
radio (D7/D700), uses...

I have not modified the DigiTraveler as I have yet to use it long enough
to need the batteries replaced. It turns off when I shut the radios off.
When I turn the radio on, the sync up is pretty fast, maybe a couple
minutes...

But, to answer your question, no... Not that I am aware of. But just
soldering on the miniature stereo connector was no big deal...

Robbie