[aprssig] Pete's NSR idea

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Fri Jun 24 09:38:55 EDT 2005

At 08:07 PM 6/22/2005, K. Mark Caviezel wrote:
>Gentlemen:
>the discussion so far on this topic has been pretty
>civilized, congrats to all who have commented to date.

         That's because I wasn't at home to put my two cents in!  <G>

         Seriously, I'm pretty much going to bite my tongue here.  Bob has
succeeded in getting people in the "sticks" to change their digis so they
will only repeat WIDE2-2 or less, and these people will argue with you that
this is now the standard EVERYWHERE. This has put my old dumb tracker out
of business, and my new HamHUD is still a couple of months away.  Oh, I can
still use the dumb tracker, just nobody can hear it until I get close
enough to an IGATE so it can hear me directly.  You see, the path is
APRS,WIDE,WIDE5-5 and it is PERMANENT.  It can't be changed.  Oh well, I guess.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info