Fwd: Re: [aprssig] Packet routing, path specification.

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Fri Jun 24 08:13:26 EDT 2005

I can only speak for javAPRSDigi (fully implemented) and there are
others either currently in development or currently capable of most if
not all of the algorithm (Digi_Ned, for instance, can implement most of
it in rules according to a previous post by Henk).

It is a simple algorithm (easy to implement, even in memory restricted
devices) yet offers a permanent fix for the routing issues that we have
on the local APRS frequencies today.  Fortunately, there are some very
network savvy folks out there writing code and who understand the
benefits that the NSR algorithm brings to the table.  I leave it to each
author to make their own announcements regarding availability.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net