[aprssig] Packet routing, path specification.

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jun 23 10:39:14 EDT 2005

> I suspect encouraging all these users of brain-dead TNCs that
> send out $GPGGA sentences to switch to a tracker that can
> produce MIC-E sentences would have a _much_ greater impact on
> bandwidth utilization than eliminating messaging.

Hmm, maybe I ought to offer a 'bounty' to get rid of those.  Like maybe 50%
off an OpenTracker if you promise to take your old, dumb tracker off the
air.  =]  Think anyone would go for that?

> Let's have a compressed weather packet, too, while we're at it.

I'd make some comment about the merit of an entirely new, consistent,
efficient 8-bit binary messaging protocol, but I haven't got my Nomex
coveralls on yet....  =]

Scott
N1VG