[aprssig] Earthmate Delorme

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Wed Jun 22 23:08:36 EDT 2005

I've got no complaints about the Deluo GPS Lite so far.  I wouldn't count on
it being weatherproof, but it's great for APRS use.  Just puts out 4800 baud
NMEA, doesn't have a display, doesn't draw a lot of power.  Would be nice if
it worked on 12V though.  I'm not sure how it compares in price to the
Earthmate.  I'm selling them for $65, which isn't any cheaper than Deluo's
site, but mine come with a DB9 wired for the OpenTracker (or the TT3 I
suppose), so at least they save you some trouble.

If anyone knows of another good option for cheap, basic APRS GPS receivers,
let me know.

Scott, N1VG
http://n1vg.net/opentracker