[aprssig] NOSaprs update - cross port digi with callsign substitution

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Jun 21 15:06:08 EDT 2005

Greetings everyone,

NOSaprs (actually more JNOS than NOSaprs) now provides customized
crossport digipeating from one JNOS interface to the other, and now
with callsign substitution. An excerpt from my post to the other
mailing lists is as follows :

1) The new AX25 custom crossport digipeating code now includes the
   callsign substitution feature. So finally, if we get :

      HFUSER>APRS,WIDE

   on an HF port (interface), we can direct it to go out as :

      HFUSER>APRS,N1OHX*,WIDE3-3

   on a vhf port.

   Note: not just for APRS users, conventional packet users also.

JNOS 2.0c5a (update) is ready to play with. You can download the source,
documentation, configurations, and other information from the official
website (below is the URL) :

     http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

Other changes not so much relevant to NOSaprs ...

2) Forwarding with WL2K (WinLink 2000) is now consistent and works really
   well with my DPX38 - you *should* get the same results with the SCS PTC
   modems once you apply this latest 2.0c5a update to your source.

3) The 14501 page is evolving - now includes stations heard (jheard) on
   a particular JNOS port, user and past users logged in or connected. The
   page is now interactive, the webuser can select a different JNOS port,
   and the page will automatically refresh the stations heard information.

4) Lastly, I've decided to start a proper 'Release History' in the documents
   section of the webpage, so that each time you update your JNOS, you will be
   able to properly see what has changed from one release to the next. For
   example, command syntax changes, configuration changes, changes to file
   and/or directory structure, etc.

   I still need to update it for migration from earlier releases.

That's all for now.

Best regards,

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM