[aprssig] Out of memory

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sat Jun 18 10:11:56 EDT 2005

At 08:07 AM 6/18/2005, Keith Kotch wrote:
>I'm getting the "Out of memory in stations list" notice on WinAPRS when
>connected to the aprserve system.  I can't find the settings area for
>program parameters like that.  It's been awhile since I've been on APRS so
>have forgotten a lot. How do I increase the memory allocated to that, if I
>can, and what other default settings in WinAPRS should I think about
>changing and how would I go about doing that?
>

>I was running 2.7.9 but just upgraded to 2.8.0 and just requested the "new"
>validation number.

         It's been a while since I ran WinAPRS, but I have a file in my
WinAPRS folder called "memory.txt" and it contains the following:

STATIONS        16382
MESSAGES        16382
PKTBUFFER       2000192
DESTROYICONS    YES

         I'm not really sure these are valid settings, but you might give
them a try.

         Another solution might be to connect to a filtered port, and cut
back on how much you have it send to you.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info