[aprssig] Universal digi path

n4qwf at ntelos.net n4qwf at ntelos.net
Thu Jun 16 20:08:49 EDT 2005

Here I am on the outer banks of North Carolina. I was here two weeks ago
and enjoyed seeing my position reported on Findu without any problem. I
was using the Tiny track and Kenwood V7A in my wifes car then. I am sure
the Proto path was set to Wide3-3. While I have been here this week using
my D700 and the same path I don't see my position digipeated. I see other
stations on my screen without any trouble and the node shows up all ok but
no ack of my postion. I setup my D7 HT and monitored my transmissions and
I showed up on my Winaprs map here at the house so I know I am sending a
good positions. When I left home the Wide 3-3 worked just fine till I got
to Currituck and then it stopped working. My question is has the alias of
the path been changed or something. I have tried the call of the node,
Wide, Wide1-1, Wide3-3, relay, NC1-1 among many proto paths without any
lucky. I would think there should be a path setting that should work
regardless of where you travel. If that is not the case what is a fellow
to do while on the road. After all that is what APRS was supposed to be
about I thought. Well maybe someone can clue me in on what gives. Thanks
for any help! 73's << John