[aprssig] GPS info

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Tue Jun 14 21:47:21 EDT 2005

Tomtom Go only runs Tomtom software and lacks a serial output to get NMEA
data out of it.  The Ique does send GPS as a COM port, so if you could find
a Palm or PocketPC APRS program, it would work within the unit.  However,
the Ique does not send NMEA GPS data out to a computer or a D700,
etc.  This is in the Ique manuals.

As for the Quest, it seems it only has USB, so you're probably out of luck
there too.  It sends Garmin's protocol to the laptop, so it would work with
some products that are compatible with Garmin protocol.  It does not
support NMEA.

I use the Garmin GPSMAP76S on my D700, but I realize that you want
autorouting and the other features the Ique, Tomtom Go and the Quest provide.

--Droo, K1XVM