[aprssig] Delorme

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sat Jun 11 21:18:53 EDT 2005

That'd be the 'newer' Earthmate with the Sirfstar that does NMEA and can be
used with Bluetooth or USB with the kits.

http://www.gps4fun.com/del_earth.php

The Earthmate unit uses the SirfstarIIeLP.  SirF doesn't say on their site
what NMEA version that is though.  Some other sites say the Delorme is NMEA
2.5.  So as far as I know your D7 shouldn't need the NMEA 3.0 firmware
update to use this unit.

As far as I know it should be.

PIN 2 - Input From D7
PIN 3 - Output to D7
Pin 5 - Shield Ground

The transmit from the D7 shouldn't be needed because the Earthmate doesn't
have a screen and doesn't support waypoint management.

Make sure your D7 is set up properly too, for the Earthmate it should be
4800 baud if I recall.

--Droo, K1XVM