[aprssig] Re: Satellite Tracking and APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 10 18:36:35 EDT 2005

>Does APRStk return the D-7 or D-700 to their previous
>frequency and mode after the pass?... I don't think
>users would like for them to be put some where they
>are not really interested and not put back at least
>afterwords...

Yes it has that option.  But you never want it to go
back to 144.39, because then the map which had
been showing only the APRS users tht you heard via
satellites would get fully saturated by hundreds of
local users in minutes.  I like the map and lists to
only keep people heard via satellite.

I also tried sending it to 52 after each pass, but
then there are sometimes rag-chewers on that
channel and that was distracting.  But yes, it
can go back to whatever channel you want after
1 minute or so I think.

Bob