[aprssig] New Digi Settings

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Thu Jun 9 10:03:11 EDT 2005

AE5PL Lists schreef:

> You have your "new" paradigm. It has holes, as has been pointed out, so
>
>now lets turn our attention to how we can take APRS to the next level.
>And the way you do that is get rid of digipeating based on path.  Many
>"smart digipeater" authors are already implementing (or have
>implemented) the no-source-routing algorithm shown in the Spring 2005
>PSR.  It might be worthwhile for you to expend some of your efforts with
>Kantronics to get them to do the same.
>
>73,
>
>Pete Loveall AE5PL
>mailto:pete at ae5pl.net

As long as we are talking about "new" routing options, why not throw in
flexnet routing to overcome some limitations in the current internet
backbone.
for those that don´t know flexnet routing, it uses ax25 digiflields to
indicate what node should ¨pick it up and what the destination node is.
With the digi software like digined we can have a path like
flex,pe1dnn-2,max the digined that picks it up converts it to a path
like pe1rdw-2*,pe1rdw,pe1dnn-2,max and sends it out the port where the
flexnet compatible node is located (in this case loopback to tnn)
the node will pick it up, figure out what routing is best at that time
and send it along that, when it comes out at the destination node
(pe1dnn-2) it will look up max in it´s routing table, find it on the
port to the digined digi, the digined digi picks up the max and converst
that to the local max usable path.
with this system a user doesn´t have to ask the igate owner to add his
call to the gate2rf list when he wants to keep his home hamgroup up to
date on his progress
the current backbone still has it´s place offcourse for sending messages
without knowing what the local digi is near the reciever and making it
to findu

73 de Andre PE1RDW