[aprssig] IGATE delays

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed Jun 8 10:59:33 EDT 2005

On Jun 8, 2005, at 9:44 AM, Wes Johnston wrote:

> Anyone have any clues about this?  I'm gunna guess this is a aprs-is
> tier problem, but really haven't a clue.

The easiest way this can happen is a digi with squelch DCD that is
set too low. Most of the time the transmitter is disabled, and queues
up the packets. When the squelch finally closes, the queued packets
are sent, now much delayed. This scenario is RF side only, I think it
is far more likely than an internet related delay of that magnitude.

Steve K4HG