[aprssig] Newbie Question

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Mon Jun 6 22:46:02 EDT 2005

> see practical uses.  So here's my quandry.  How can I
> justify the $200+ extra that the Kenwood costs over a
> basic 2M mobile rig.  What practical uses can I use to
> win over my wife?

For its little faults, the D700 is an incredible rig.  It's a real
communications machine!    The first time your XYL gets
an "I Love You" from the field via an APRS Email message,
she'll think it's money well spent.   Using that just one time
in case of an 'serious situation' like being late due to a flat
tire -- or far worse --- will make it even better.

The real question is, how can we APRS active amateurs
justify NOT having a D700 (or better) in the mobile.

Bill