[aprssig] Help with old TNC please

Jim Duncan jdbandman at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 2 21:48:40 EDT 2005

The Heath TNC-1 is NOT compatible with APRS or KISS. This is a TNC-1
which was the first form of a packet TNC. You need a model that is
compatible with TNC-2 command structure to get KISS compatibility.

BTW: Where is Monticello? I'm a railfan and have been wanting to do a
trip over to the rail museum there sometime. (Please reply by private
email since this is O.T.)

Jim Duncan, KU0G

Steve Look wrote:

> I have run across an old Heath HD-4040 TNC-1 with the WB6ECE KISS eprom
> in it. Is there a way to test it with a terminal program? I tried
> connecting it to UIView as KISS but didn't see any indication of
> activity. I know... it's really old, but if it works....
>
> Steve
>
> Steve Look
> KA9SZW
> Monticello, IL