[aprssig] Re: WinAPRS mobile

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Jun 2 17:07:45 EDT 2005

On Jun 2, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> I don't have an answer for the original poster, but will take the
> opportunity to pile on: for some time now I've been wanting a
> PDA-sized APRS client to use in my various vehicles.

since we're making a wish list:  (:

I want my next vehicle to have an LCD display (DVD player, probably)
and a built-in GPS that will give me serial NMEA strings, so I can
stick a little computer (ultimate would probably be a Mac Mini) under
the seat that's connected to both and be able to flip down a screen and
see xastir.  Of course, the D700 control head still needs to be visible
up front, and share the GPS, too.

-Jason
kg4wsv