[aprssig] K5FTW-5 Digi Changes

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Wed Jun 1 23:17:27 EDT 2005

Well, yes, you're correct Doug.  With a APRS digi, because it uses the
Unconnected mode, the Monitor setting is not very important.  But we like to
set CMSG DISC _and_ a CText that explains the station is an APRS digi and
Connects on the freq are discouraged.  Then with Monitor ON (and the buffer
full), a station Connecting to the digi callsign only sees the
***(callsign) busy
message before being disconnected, instead of the CText message we'd like
them to see.
73, Cap KE6AFE