[aprssig] RE: indoor tracking.

Dixon, Tim tdixon at anteon.com
Wed Jun 1 16:28:39 EDT 2005

Maybe I'm missing it, but I thought we could program RFID devices with
whatever output we would like (provided we have the proper equipment to
program RFID tags, of course).  So, someone's earlier suggestion that we
simply have each tag respond with a positionless APRS string was an easy
implementation.

Or did I miss something along the way?

/tim
KG4MIQ

By the way, I program RFID tags on a daily basis here at work.

<Bob wrote>

3) We need the HUGE code space so that we can MAP our callsigns to the
built-in codes.
with a single reproducible algorithm.  THe way I see it, for ARRL calls,
the code space has to be A,N,K,W for the first letter (4) then  4
characters of 26 possibilities then one character of 10 possible
numerals and one digit of
3 possiblities to tell where to put the numeric.

This would require a 54 million code space, or about 8 digit numbers.
But doing it this way we dont need to manage a 600,000 list of callsigns
and mapped numbers.  We compute the call directly from the number.

<end quote>