[aprssig] APN To Call for KPC3+ v9.1

Ron Cluster rcluster at rgisp.com
Sat Jul 30 11:52:38 EDT 2005

> I've noticed lately some of the upgrades for the KPC3+ V9.1 are not
> showing their firmware version as do the KPC3+ v8.3 (APN383).  All that
> is showing is APRS.
>
> Any thoughts as to the correct usage for displaying the new firmware
> (APN391)?

That's controlled by the person programming the TNC. The TNC doesn't "know"
to put the version there.

Just start the LTP string with APN391 instead of APN383. (APN### with the
### indicating the version)

If it's just showing APRS, it means the person programming it didn't follow
the recommendations for that setting. Which would make me question if they
maybe didn't follow the recommendations for any OTHER settings.....

It's amusing, but also frustrating, that some folks think they "have a
better way of doing it". That's part of what gave us the mess we have on
144.39 (although it is getting better now with the new settings), and if
folks start doing it again we'll just have a different mess.....

Just follow the standards everybody, it's not difficult and it works.

73.....Ron.....AC7TK.....(-9 when mobile)
UI-View32 iGate in Eugene, OR