[aprssig] Placer 450 GPS .. and query about searching the list

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jul 26 00:25:52 EDT 2005

Chris W0EP wrote on 25/07/2005

> I'm sure the Trimble Placer 450 GPS has come up
> on this list sometime in the past.  But I can't
> seem to figure out how to find archives or search them.
>
> Anyway,  there are some of these units up on ebay, and
> I'm wondering if they would be good for use in a tracker?

I went to google.ca and searched for "Trimble Placer 450 GPS" and ended up at www.trimble.com/placer450455.html. The page indicated that it was capable of NMEA. I also clicked on the "datasheet & specs" link and it looks like it has a serial port, so it looks like it should work. However, anyone else actually using one that could comment on any oddities?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH