[aprssig] Findu Google Display Not working in Netscape 7.02

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Fri Jul 22 13:37:33 EDT 2005

Brian B. Riley wrote:
> By the way has anyone noticed that if you ‘grab’ the map with a mouse
> click, you can move it all over the place and it will fill in what needs
> to be displayed in the direction you move it. The cursor isn’t even
> limited to the map frame ypu can drag it clear to the edge of  te screen
> and the map keeps scrolling.

This is the primary feature of google maps that makes it so useful.  The mechanisms for recognizing the exposed areas
and retrieving the missing tiles are what are being referred to as "AJAX" programming.  There are asynchronous Java
script actions executing to make your experience seem like a full blown application.  You can also zoom dynamically too.

Have a look at my clubs repeater system status page that I did at

	http://www.w5ias.com/status

Grab the zoom slider and go up and down in zoom level and see how it automatically scales the images for you, and then
fetches the real images for the zoom level you stop at.  Try it with both the satellite and map views.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW