[aprssig] Relay filter

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Jul 21 21:26:40 EDT 2005

At 09:29 AM 7/21/2005, Cap Pennell wrote:
>What is a hard coded tracker?  Who has one?

         I have one.  It's an old MFJ TNC that loses it's settings so much
that I had a special chip burned for it.  This chip has KD5XB-9, a path of
WIDE,WIDE5-5, etc., all set as the defaults, so when the TNC loses it's
settings and reloads everything from scratch, it'll still work.

>How did they get RELAY in
>there?  Can't they get a modern digipath in there the same way?

         Uh -- no.  I brought the thing in a few weeks ago and tried to
change the callsign to KD5XB-10 and set a shorter path, but as soon as I
fired it up in the truck, everything was back to the burned-in settings.

         And, since the whole discussion over trackers and 2-hop paths, you
can only find my callsign on PropNet.  I'll probably have a mobile tracker
again sometime in the future.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info