[aprssig] Pic-E question

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun Jul 17 10:44:37 EDT 2005

   Well, I'm not far behind you.  I won one at the Dayton Packetbash the
year it first came out.  Excited, I built it in my motorhome that evening,
hastily made an interface cable for an Icom HT, and heard it send a single
packet.  I then put it back in the box, thinking I'd find an inexpensive
xtal rig to mate with it for a tracker.  It's still sitting in that box...
   Last year at Dayton, I found an affordable Motorola Encore engine and
active antenna, and this spring thanks to this list, I picked up a pair of
Motorola HT600's.  So maybe before another year goes by, I'll have a
working tracker!  But the garage is a mess, and I've got to clear enough
space to build a workbench first...

If I remember correctly, I programmed it that first evening with a DOS
program running under DOSEMU on a Linux-based laptop.  I don't run windows
for any reason...

Rick