[aprssig] APRSdos V863 Posit Text

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 13 08:21:22 EDT 2005

This is because you are letting the TNC do the GPS
independently of APRSdos.  All the TNC knows how
to do is raw GPS.  But to get APRSdos to do the
positioning, you either need two serial ports (one for
the GPS) or you need to kludge together the
HSP switch or have a GPS that you can turn off
all NMEA except for GPRMC only once every 30 secs
or so...  Bob

>>> billbird at cal.berkeley.edu 07/13/05 12:35 AM >>>
Hi,

I'm using APRSdos V863 with a Radio Shack DigiTraveler in my VW Van.  I am
unable to keep the text I want to come at the end of the posit packet because it
is overwritten by information such as:

GGA/NUL/APRS*/good GGA/A=0004880488

This makes for a long packet and is not what I want anyway.  I can get something
like, Bill's VW Van, entered but it is very quickly overwritten.

I can't find the solution in the documentation text files so I hope someone
(Bob, et al) can help me.

Thanks,

Bill Bird
KG0YJ-2