[aprssig] KPC-3+ and power mod?

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Mon Jul 11 20:24:53 EDT 2005

Yep, if your GPS V can take 12v, the kpc3 can pass enough to power it.
If you need 5v, you will have to provide your own regulator.  I suspect
it's just a matter of connecting the GPS power pin to radio port pin7 to
supply 12v, data out from GPS to pin 2 and ground to pin 6 (all on radio
port).  Probably best if you just make a Y cable for the radio port 1
leg going to the GPS , 1 leg going to the radio.

Wes