[aprssig] Object DENNI_ato Cannot Be Seen on RF Path

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jul 11 12:15:48 EDT 2005

At 11:31 AM 7/10/2005, VE7GDH wrote:
>Chris N4BSA wrote on 10/07/2005
>
>>I'm with you - I think we've done more harm than good with some of these
>>changes implemented. While this might have been a good solution for the
>>NE corridor or California, I think we've crippled the network in areas
>>such as
>>our own.
>
>Chris - I sympathize, but I think that you must admit that changes were
>needed where there was lots of congestion on 144.390 MHz.

         But the whole problem is that "everywhere" isn't as congested the
same, yet everybody wants to use the same 2-hop path all over the
country.  People are ignoring the actual conditions and just changing to
WIDE2-2 because "that's the new standard everywhere".

         I suspect we've just seen the first hard evidence that this
subject wasn't thought through sufficiently before it was changed.

At 07:43 PM 7/10/2005, Chris Schwab wrote:
>This boils down to what works in your network may not necessarily work in
>your network.

         I agree, I think...<G>

         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info