[aprssig] Object DENNI_ato Cannot Be Seen on RF Path

Geoffrey Dick wa4ikq at nevets.oau.org
Sun Jul 10 13:26:51 EDT 2005

Dennis,

Thank you for clear explanation about IGATE permissions, but this
is about the RF path !   In the area regard, there may be no IGATES
because telephone and power utilities will be out.   We are talking
of a widespread area where APRS might we of use via RF ONLY.

I experienced this last year working communications in shelters
during 3 hurricance passing through Central Florida.   We really
need those long RF paths !!!!!   Wide2-2 will simply not cut it.

Kind regards,

Geoffrey Dick, wa4ikq