[aprssig] 9600? Faster?

Andre PE1RDW aprs at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Thu Jul 7 12:45:35 EDT 2005

Scott Miller schreef:

> Would there be any improvement from running at 4800 baud?  It's still
> 4 times faster than the existing system, and shouldn't push the
> envelope as much as far as the radios are concerned.  That's plenty of
> extra capacity for robust FEC.
>
> Scott
> N1VG

some time back I sugested a two level system, 1200 baud on 2 meter
primary for trackers and 9600 baud on 70cm for all other trafic, all
trafic from 2 meter gets gated to 70cm but only trafic intended for 2m
gets gated from 70cm, a bit like the gate alias as used on 30 meters.

I think that will give you the best of both worlds, easy to do with
software digis, it might also be doable on a microprocesor controler
hooking a few kiss tncs together.

73 de Andre PE1RDW