[aprssig] 9600? Faster?

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Thu Jul 7 11:49:21 EDT 2005

Andrew Rich wrote:

>I did some testing co-located 1200 and 9600
>
>9600 does not seem to reach as far as 1200

I agree here - the 9600 signal needs to be very strong in order to be
decoded.  Higher power levels are generally in order than for the same
distance on 2 meters.

>mobile environmet harsh to 9k6 signals

This I have not found to be exactly the case.  We have tried both truck
and motorcycle mobile, and the signal strength and decode ability seems
to have very little to do with the fact that one is mobile, but as
mentioned above, distance seems to be the factor.

73
Phil - AD6NH