[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jul 5 12:30:52 EDT 2005

Earl KD5XB wrote on 05/07/2005

> >  It doesn't have to be "all or nothing".

> It does if you only have one rig, one antenna, one TNC, one soundcard,
> etc...<G>

You have to set your priorities. Sell the dog, the wife, the kids, the
house, the truck etc. and buy more radios, TNCs and computers! <g> But on
the other hand, maybe propnet would be fun. All kidding aside, radios, TNCs
and computers aren't (usually) free, but many digi / IGate / repeater
operators somehow manage to skimp a bit on putting food on the table or
paying the rent and somehow come up with the equipment and the time to set
them up for everyone else to use. I think a big "thank you" should go out to
them, especially when there isn't a large ham population in the area to help
support them.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH