[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jul 5 10:12:42 EDT 2005

Earl KD5XB on 04/07/2005

re boring...
> Kinda like watching 5 mobiles, 2 home stations, and 17 digis!  <G>

Maybe there aren't enough hams in the area. Any clubs around there to "drum
up some more interest"?

> We might need to consider whether we will ever have too many
> IGATES, like too many beacons on 144.39. Just something to
> think of now, before it's a problem.

I could see "too many digis" potentially being a problem (but apparently not
in NM) but I don't think there would EVER be a problem with too many
properly set up IGates. The APRS-IS apparently doesn't have any problem with
duplicate reports sent from more than one IGate. Note the word "properly"...
just like digis, trackers, weather stations, and automatic doors, they need
to be set up properly.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that APRS is still fun to you, but if propnet
sounds interesting to you, why not do both? It doesn't have to be "all or
nothing".

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH